2022-23 Admissions is Closed
Ready to take your learning to the next level? Families and students who choose to join our community care deeply about curiosity, inquiry, and education.
- Intellectual curiosity and creativity come naturally to all children, and we aim to foster that curiosity by encouraging each child to seek paths of inquiry, interest, and expression.
- Critical thinking and analysis are taught at every level, across the curriculum. At our school, we want each child to ask not just why but also what if.
- Open-mindedness is a tool that allows students to be flexible when solving problems and to accept differing points of view as viable solutions. This could not be more important given the increasingly global world facing our children.
- A respect for evidence is found throughout our school. Students learn to shape their own opinions and then fully leverage evidence to reshape their ideas.
Our goal is to ignite and nurture an enduring spirit of of scholarship, curiosity, creativity, and confidence. We value community, learning experientially, exhibiting kindness, and honoring diversity.
Pursuant to ACPS Board Policy LC and Code of Virginia §22.1-212.6., enrollment is open to any child who resides within the Albemarle County school division through a lottery process on a space-available basis. Students for whom no space is available will be placed on the waiting list in the order in which they were selected during the lottery process. Efforts will be made to create a demographic make-up of the school that is reflective of the overall ACPS enrollment demographic to the extent allowable by the law.
REQUIRED: The General Information Form must be submitted by January 28, 2022, 5:00PM, to be included in the lottery. Late submissions will be added to the Waiting List in the order received.
OPTIONAL: The primary purpose of the optional activities is to ensure families and students have a deep understanding of our school philosophy, purpose, practices, and expectations to help them make decisions based on current and accurate information.
- Attend a Virtual School Information Session
- Complete a Student Self-Reflection Questionnaire
- Complete a Parent/Guardian Self-Reflection Questionnaire
- Discuss with Your School Counselor
- In-Person Visit Day Upon Admission
CLS Virtual Information Sessions
Register by clicking one of the dates below
2022-23 Admissions Timeline
Virtual Information Sessions
*Click any date above to register. Zoom link will be shared with registrants the day before.
Admission Form Deadline for Lottery Eligibility: January 28, 2022 5:00PM - Friday
Families Notified of Lottery Results (Admitted or Waiting List Number: February 4, 2022 5:00PM - Friday
In-Person Visits for Admitted Students: Week of February 14 - Day(s) TBD
Deadline to Accept or Decline Seat: February 25, 2022 5:00PM Friday
WAITING LIST ADMISSIONS (As Necessary)
Round One (If Necessary)
Waiting List Families Notified if Admitted: March 5, 2022 5:00PM - Friday
In-Person Visits for Newly Admitted Students: Week of March 14 - Day(s) TBD
Deadline to Accept or Decline Seat: March 25, 2022 5:00PM - Friday
Round Two (If Necessary)
Waiting List Families Notified if Admitted: April 1, 2022 5:00PM - Friday
In-Person Visits for Newly Admitted Students: Week of April 11 - Day(s) TBD
Deadline to Accept or Decline Seat: April 29, 2022 5:00PM - Friday
Round Three (If Necessary)
Waiting List Families Notified if Admitted: May 5, 2022 5:00PM - Friday
In-Person Visits for Newly Admitted Students: Week of May 16 - Day(s) TBD
Deadline to Accept or Decline Seat: May 27, 2022 5:00PM - Friday
Round Four (If Necessary)
Waiting List Families Notified if Admitted: June 2, 2022 5:00PM - Friday
In-Person Visits for Newly Admitted Students: Week of June 6 - Day(s) TBD (last week of school)
Deadline to Accept or Decline Seat: June 30, 2022 5:00PM - Friday
2022-2023 ADMISSION CLOSES : July 15, 2022